Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I quit

So I pointed my fingers, and shouted a few quotes I knew
As if something that's written should be taken as true
But every path I have taken and conclusion I drew
Would put truth back under the knife.
- Dawes, When My Time Comes

I got this song from a FB post from Life Is Good's music festivus, and its a good one. Let's put the truth under the knife, shall we? I quit on my treadmill today after only 2.5 miles. It was a ridiculously hard run, given that I haven't dedicated any time to it since last Thursday, and the treadmill was pushing me to go too fast. Damn thing was surrounded by other treadmills too, as if I wasn't the only thing making its wheels turn. The treadmill would have me believe that investing time and hard work is well worth the rewards in the long run. What a load of crap. I couldn't maintain my self-respect and stay on that treadmill. I'm surprised I stayed as long as I did before I quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!