Saturday, March 22, 2014

lessons

It's a lesson too late for the learnin'
made of sand, made of sand
In the wink of an eye my soul is turnin'
in your hands, in your hands

Well I should have loved you better
I didn't mean to be unkind
You know that was the last thing on my mind
- Stark Sands with Punch Brothers, Last Thing On My Mind

I think this song was originally done by Peter Paul and Mary but the version I'm in love with is from the Inside Llewin Davis soundtrack, and it spoke to my on my run this evening. I almost didn't go. I've been really tired. I slept poorly all week and the 3 hour time difference didn't help. I actually got home at about 2 yesterday and couched it all afternoon and evening despite my best intentions to run. Today I went to a Lax game and then I forced myself to get out this afternoon and run. I did 3.5 and it was tough, I had lung burn. I have a cold sore the size of a Georgia peach on my face, which worked well for my meetings in Atlanta this week. I really hope I'm not getting sick. But I'm happy to report that despite being out of town two weeks in a row, I got 4 runs in both weeks and 14 miles this week, so I'm still on goal. I hope my blista sista continues to find inspiration on the ellptical, which is a great workout, btw. Personally I would count those as exercise days but not count the miles towards the goal.

2 comments:

  1. Right, that's what I do. It gets counted, it gets logged, it just doesn't count as running... because it isn't running, no matter how much you want to make it so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I have had three cold sores in the past month and a half. It's unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!