Saturday, March 22, 2014

I'm a Very Busy People

We'll end up numb from playing video games
And we'll get sick of having sex
And we'll get fat from eating candy
As we drink ourselves to death

                        - The Limousines "Very Busy People"


I'm not doing well with the running. I only have about 122 miles for the year, which is behind the 600 mile pace. But I'm good with that. My body doesn't want to run. I've been struggling with lots of depression and the running isn't helping, and neither is being pressured to run a certain number of miles a week. What my body wants is to do these long (50-60 minute) sessions on the elliptical, so that's what I'm doing. I've done 11 miles on the elliptical this week and will probably do another five or six tomorrow. And since elliptical miles have never counted as running miles, what are you gonna do?

I'm sick of the winter, the winters here are killing me. And apparently when we moved here four years ago, I was agreeing to never move back to AZ forever and ever. I did not know I was agreeing to that, I found out last night.

At any rate, in good news, I won the blood pressure contest at the grocery store today with Chris. Mine was 102/73... his was only slightly higher, but the point is, it was higher than mine and I WON.

I'll be in Vegas next week, which I'm kind of concerned about, even though I've already planned to have the two days I am there as rest days so as to not have to worry about getting exercise in amongst the debauchery, which in Vegas I have to imagine will be our usual debauchery times ten. I'm really too old for debauchery times ten. 

Incidentally, I highly recommend the song above. It makes me laugh and laugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!