Monday, February 1, 2010

Here we go again!!!

Which is so funny because I had said I was going to take a couple years off after this. And I know Mari said never again. But Missy never faltered.

Anyhoodle (to borrow a phrase from Mari), I did six miles the Sunday after the half, and 6 again yesterday (along with 3 on Tues and 3.5 on Weds). I decided to keep my weekend longs at a min of 6 so I won't have to work so hard to get back up there for our next adventure. Marianne I think you should come down for Cottonwood!

I will say that most of my runs have been a bitch, but the 3.5 I did was just over 11 min miles. I walked the last mile of my 6 yesterday. And, I took tonight off and tomorrow too since I'm traveling.

I really think that the wight I've gained has made all the difference. When we did the OC last year, my half time was 2:47, with a long wait in the bathroom line, as opposed to the death march that was my 2:49 at the R&R two weeks ago. My goal is to get under 2:30. And, I'd eventually like to do it in 10 min miles, which would be around 2:10. But, I need to lose some weight to do that. I can really feel the difference when I'm running, how much heavier I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!