Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Not taking a break!!!

But I am listening to my body. Yesterday I walked 1.25 at an incline on the treadmill, then I did another 1.25 on the elliptical, which let me tell you, was quite a work out!! So today at lunch I did 3.5 on the elliptical. It seems the ideal solution, as its low impact so it doesn't hurt my hip at all, but it burns the same number of calories and takes as much time as running on the treadmill. Have another chiropractor appt tomorrow at lunch and this is his last shot to fix it. I do have a regular dr. appt on Friday to argue with her about my thyroid medication, so will get her opinion as well. I'm afraid I will blow up like a balloon if I stop exercising for even a week!!

The elliptical does require a certain amount of muscular coordination though, with hands and legs moving at the same pace. I'm sure I looked like a bumbling idiot periodically, but I had my sweat on.

1 comment:

  1. Elliptical definitely a good idea, I think. They say it is just like running only without the impact, so that sounds perfect. Chris has become a big fan of the elliptical, it feels lots better to him than running since he has problems with his knees and he definitely says it is quite a workout. I tried it once in the interests of not limiting myself and facing fears, but I have to say I was pretty indifferent to it.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!