Sunday, January 31, 2010

Then again, I did walk pretty fast

I have started running a bit, I am up to three minutes of running to five minutes of walking. Running at a four mile an hour pace and walking at a 3.8 mile an hour pace. So, today I did four miles in 63 minutes, which is 15.75 minute miles, which is really only slightly faster than I walked the stupid half marathon. So, rather disappointing, but my expectations are obviously way too high for running as slow as I am. And given how fast I walk, it would take some time to run significantly faster than that, I guess.

I am 90 percent committed to doing the Denver Rock and Roll in October, so I think we should keep the blog going!! Who's with me??

Actually, I just did the math, and presuming I am doing it correctly, I did the Phoenix half doing an average of 16.41 minute miles. So, if I am doing 15.75 minute miles right now, that actually is rather a significant improvement. Or maybe it's not. My brain hurts now.

2 comments:

  1. The blog is definitely going to keep going. I am 90% committed to a half in Cottonwood in April. Right now I am sick and haven't run in a week. I'm so proud of you for giving running a try. Here is the math:
    number of minutes you went / number of miles you went = minutes per mile. Then multiply the number in the 10ths place to get miles:seconds.
    So if I ran the half marathon in 3 hrs 22 min, then I ran 13.1 miles in 202 minutes. 202/13.1 = 15.4 minutes per mile. I multiply 4 x 6 and get 15 minutes and 24 seconds per mile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladies, we just rock, that's all I have to say about that. I am now 90% committed to Cottonwood and 90% committed to Denver. Woo hoo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!