Saturday, January 9, 2010

Gettin' it done

Did my ten. It was all good. I felt like I wanted more crackers and sugar water at around mile nine, and was almost out of the sugar water and didn't want to get off the treadmill to get more crackers, so I toughed it out, but when I do the race I'll have them in my fanny pack and will have extra water/sugar stuff on the course, so I'm thinking all will be well. I got sort of a "third wind" right at mile nine, which is what I am assuming will carry me through the rest of the race.

My calves are kind of crampy, but nothing too terrible. I think my biggest worry is pacing. Because on the treadmill I can force the 3.5 mile pace, but when I was out with Missy, I'm pretty sure I was walking faster than that, it is really hard for me to slow down, even on non-race days and everyone says that is hard on race day. So. I'll just have to see how that goes.

Anyhoodle, I'm off to take a bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!