Saturday, January 9, 2010

10 bitchez!!

Missy told me I needed to taper and I laughed and said I have nothing to taper from! I did 10 tonight and will rest tomorrow and probably do 3 on Mon and/or Tues, just to keep fresh. Then we get this bitch done!!! I was pretty happy with my pace tonight, which was 12.5 min miles. I may just reach my goal of 2.5 hours on Sunday if the crowd and the music and the fun carry me through!

Just had a scalding hot bath and also tested the heating on the hot-tub to make sure we're ready for next weekend. I think we should all get pedicures on the way home from the run (yes even before showers because we're not going to want to go ANYWHERE for the rest of the day). And imagine how awesome it will feel to have someone rubbing your feet and scrubbing off those nasty callouses and making them look purty again?? Then hot tub and a glass of wine or two. Mmmmmm . . .

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I got nothing to taper from either. At this point I am going to have to worry about finishing this bitch! I think I might be starting to feel better, the soreness in my neck is less this morning than it was. As soon as I feel better I will do a couple of short runs and then just pray for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm....I thought the idea that everyone agreed on was not to do anything at all the week before the race??? Should I do a couple of short work-outs? I had thought I would just rest the whole week.

    Sandy, I think your idea is a good one. Pedicures, hot tub, wine. I like savignon blanc, we'll have to procure our needed supplies on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!