Monday, August 8, 2016

While the gettins good

No one else will know these lonely dreams
No one else will know that part of me
- Jimmy Eat World, 23

I went to the gym tonight after going him and eating dinner after work, which is a miracle in itself. I started on the treadmill and did two incline miles. Near the end of the second, I was doing a sprint finish, therefore sweating and mega focused. And this girl on the treadmill next to me starts waving her arms and then actually leans in and taps me on the shoulder. I jumped off the treadmill startled, and pulled my headphones out. Clearly she had to warn me of some imminent danger right? Why else would any stranger interrupt someone's workout that way? Either imminent danger or ... She needed to go to the bathroom and wanted me to "watch her treadmill." Tomor event it from running away I suppose. Because goddess knows every other treadmill in the row was empty, so she can't possibly be worried someone would take it. So I just nodded dumbly and she walked away and I realized I'm now stuck on this treadmill while she goes to the bathroom even though I had been planning to move to the track. So I did another half mile, and when she got back she didn't even say thank you. So then I did a mile on the track. 3.5 tonight and generally feeling good for the third day in a row. But good god I can't wait for fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!