Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Peace

Ooohh hold me now
Whoooah warm my heart (oh my cold and tired heart)
Stay with me (ooooooooohh stay with me!)
Let loving start, let lovin start
- Thompson Twins

This quote is in honor of my blista sista sitting in a bar in San Antonio with her hubby that is retro enough to play the Thompson Twins, which coincidentally was the first tape I ever bought along with whomever it was that sang Sister Christian. It must have been a windfall for me - either my first McDonalds paycheck or stolen church fundraising money, the payback of which caused the McDonalds job in the first place. In any case, I got a good giggle out of her update. I write this post sitting on a worn bench in my front yard, drinking a glass of wine as the sun sets on my peaceful neighborhood. Peace has been rather elusive lately, even as I run my miles in pursuit of it. Sometimes a glass of wine in the cool breeze chatting with neighbors walking dogs does wonders. I am resolved to resurrect this bench as my Easter project this weekend. The Easter egg hunt is crucial this year given the break of Ks winning streak last year (despite the fact that she found an egg in October that she insisted should count). So the yard must be in perfect and peaceful condition. I so love our little family traditions. Oh and yes, I did my 3.5 neighborhood route this morning and yesterday morning. It's been lovely in the mornings here. This morning instead of my music I listened to my morning show segment called hump day dump day. It's much more illuminating than my music lately.

You ask if I love you
What can I say?
You know that I do and that this is just one of those games that we play

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!