Monday, April 28, 2014

8.7 mile weekend

> Your voice is like a combination of Fergie and Jesus. I think for a second, you took on the shape of a unicorn.
> - Stepbrothers
>
> K and I did Pats Run together on Saturday - 4.2 miles at 7am, and we ran the whole way. I had my best time ever in a Pats Run, most likely because the prospect of being left behind by my 17-yr-old daughter was so untenable that it was a great motivator. Pain avoidance tends to be a strong motivator for me. I ran behind a lady in a cape for awhile and found myself wishing I had thought to wear mine. We had an awesome time at the expo - lots of free stuff! I anticipate the race pics will depict my strenuous effort to catch K and cross the finish line at the same time as her. So then last night I got a massage thanks to a gift cert from my boss, and it hurt so good. Lately when I run, my left glut is so tight that I can feel it pull when I step with my left foot. The massage lady said I have buns of steel. Seriously, she said my left butt felt like marble or concrete. And it felt amazing when I left. But then I went and ran the mountain this afternoon and now it aches again. I had a fabulous run though, my left leg felt so free and loose and I felt strong. Alas, now I'm aching on the couch watching Stepbrothers with J (one of the best movies of all time) and preaching the eminent failure of the Taco Bell breakfast menu (they strayed too far from their core competency - waffles?? How about breakfast burritos people??). The moral here is I need a regular butt massage. Apparently this is 44.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!