Sunday, November 25, 2012

Them Kids

And now the kids don't know
How to dance to rock and roll
-Sam Roberts

I ran 3 miles today.  Just an easy run to get back into it.  My knee pain from 1 week ago has now moved into my foot, which is a really good sign.  I assume it is the pain looking for a path out of my body.  And I probably need to buy new running shoes.

The results are up from the Galveston run and it was as I thought.  That really fast girl who was in second place overall is 12.  And that really fast even smaller girl who was a few people behind her is 10.  And they seem to be sisters.  Ran Dumb Thoughts suggested that this is the Venus and Serena Williams of long distance running and I think he is right.  Or is this normal?  Do 10-year-olds regularly run 1/2 marathons?  Or course - it's much easier for them.  Just think how fast I would be if I weighed 65 pounds.  And did the MC use the Bieber line on them when they finished?  Or not, since it was probably true.  Or did he run the reverse - and act like they were listening to Social  Distortion

Other odd things from the 1/2 marathon.  The post-race recovery area had two major sponsors - Whataburger and some chiropractic school.  I said yes to the taquito but no to the massage from the creepy guy.  Two for two in good decisions.  Not sure that after Vegas last year I would have been able to make such good decisions.  Especially since I got lost in the Luxor while looking for the Mandalay Bay tram stop.

1 comment:

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!