Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Havoc and Consequence

I'm slipping again
Up to old tricks, off my wagon
I have no defense
I'm wreaking havoc and consequence
- Alanis Morissette, Havoc

Now, this song isn't for everyone.  It's kind of a ballad to family members of crazy people, or at least that's the way I see it.  It brought me peace during my run this morning.  I was full of anxiety this morning that I couldn't quite label.  I almost didn't go, which is difficult to justify since I literally had nothing else on the agenda today, and I'm only weeks away from rejoining the ranks of working stiffs.  But I did a road run, which I'm probably not doing enough of lately, and had a good 3.5 miles.  Then I took fat dog out for another mile that we walked.  I found a place where I could get my Hurricanes for only $110 because I refuse to pay Saucony's ridiculous new price of $140, and I have to say I really don't like them as much as last year's model.  They feel stiff and not nearly as cushiony as my old ones.  Oh well.

Havoc and Consequence

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!