Sunday, November 4, 2012

Almost 10

And I never had a good time,
I sat by my bedside,
with papers and poetry about Estella....
 
I saw tail lights last night in a dream about my old life.
Everybody leaves and why, why wouldn't you?
-The Gaslight Anthem

I ran a long way today.  Part of my run included a trip around the jogging track at the alma mater and I was reminded of what I don't like about running there.  The track is about 3 people wide - and so if two people are running one direction and one person is running the other way, there is room if everybody tries.  I'm willing to move all the way over to the edge of the track, but not get off the track.  And still there are incidents.  And usually twice because you see people on one side and then the other.  Jackholes - make some space and share the track. 

I set out with a plan today to run just over 9, but I thought it would be a better blog if I made it to 10.  So I extended the run, but not quite enough.  I fell about 1/4 mile short.  No matter - it was a good long run and part of my ramp up.  Not sure exactly what I'm ramping up to, but I've got to get a 1/2 marathon in during 2012, so ...

In case I run on November 18th, I really have to accelerate building the playlist.  And so it's time to add a song by The Gaslight Anthem.  I struggled with which one; I like the new one (45) and my favorite song by this band is The 59 Sound (in my topp 150 of all time), but I decided on the above quoted song, Great Expectations. This band writes songs about books and other songs - this song references Dickens and Bob Segar.  Here's a funny thing about this band and the way my brain works - I saw that they had a song called "Old White Lincoln" and I thought that it was going to be a great take on Honest Abe.  Of course, I was disappointed when the song was about a car.  Anyway - I really like this band - enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2Leo9HSaGQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!