Saturday, September 10, 2011

Trickery

Well I started my longs today. Not because I planned to or even because I wanted to. I was bamboozled into it. BF and I are in New York to commemorate the anniversary of 9/11. When we got in we decided to take a run in Central Park. How cool is that? So we walked about a mile from our hotel to get to the park where we inspected the map to determine our best route. BF has run there before and he ascertained that its about 3 miles to run around the park. So we started off. We stayed together for about 20 minutes and then I suggested BF go ahead. I was struggling a bit after only 4 hours of sleep and 6 hours of travel. Oh, and cinnabon for lunch. We agreed to meet back at a statue where we entered the park.

So I jogged on. And on. And on. Daylight began to fade and I felt the first tendrils of panic in my belly. I am going to be alone after dark in central Park in New York. A place I've never been. Without my phone. And no way to locate BF. Without a key to our hotel room. And the daylight fading. Every turn I rounded my hope fading that the statue would be there.

But, all ended well. At last I caught sight of BF waiting for me. Oh so relieved! And how far was the run you ask? 6.1 miles. That's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!