Friday, September 9, 2011

Rockin'!

Did another three outside today, 2.5R/1W intervals, time was 36:05, 12:02/mile. Felt really, really good. My long on Sunday will be four miles, and then I'll commit to my first 10K and figure out a training plan for that.

Sandy, did you know that registration for this Vegas half is $155!! I went to register this morning and I about pooed my pants! I don't remember other ones being that expensive, but I guess that's the magic of Vegas. I didn't register yet, I was too shocked by the price. I probably will soon, though, because I'll bet you they have a limit to the number of people that can register, and it might sell out.

I really need to do consistent 13 minute miles for this thing to get in under three hours, which is my goal. I think I can do it, but it sure sounds daunting. My plan for the half is to do 2R/1W intervals, but my shorter runs will be 2.5 or 3R/1W intervals, for training purposes. But I'll do my longs at at the 2R. Also, for this one, I plan to train up to 12 miles. No more of this "if you can do ten miles, you can do the half" shit. I think it is true, but I think that is probably only a good idea if you don't have any time goal, right? I mean, sure you can kill yourself for last three miles, walk a whole lot of it, and you will finish.... but if you have a time goal, then it seems to me that you need a more realistic picture of what you can do consistently, up to nearly the whole 13. Anyways, that's my theory and I'm going to do it!

Hey, if Holden is going to be doing this too, then he has to blog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!