Saturday, September 17, 2011

I'm so right about the hills

Either that or I am just really slow without my ipod. I went on the plum creek trail today and I went a different way that I haven't been before and it was really pretty flat. I confirmed on the garmin that it was only about 79 elevation gain and 59 loss, so it was definitely flat. And my time was slower! I did three miles and time was 37:24, 12:28/mile! Now, I forgot my ipod so maybe I just go slow without my ipod, but I don't think so. I think that the downhills on my usual neighborhood route make me appear to be able to run faster than I actually can run for the same distance on a level surface. And the fact that I run uphill as much as I run downhill, which you would think would make up for the time difference, does not actually do that in practice. And that is part of the reason why I am consistently slower in races than I think I will be.

So, bearing that in mind, I am going to do my 4.5 mile long run tomorrow on the same trail. This time I'll remember my ipod.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!