Saturday, September 10, 2011

I did one of them farty runs

Or at least, I tried. And it pretty well sucked. I basically tried to really go fast on a few of my running intervals. One description I read said that for your "fast" intervals you should be "pulling for air." And I thought, well I don't know what the hell that means, does it mean gasping? Because that is what I feel like I am doing. I'm sort of always "pulling for air", for me that just means I'm doing my usual. Also, they keep talking about your slow "recovery" jog. Well, I don't really have any other pace than "slow" jog, so I just figure my walking intervals are my recovery. Whatever. I did make really good time, I did 3.5 miles, time was 41:51, 11:58/mile. Tomorrow I will do four for my long at 2R and it will probably feel like a picnic. Today I did 2.5R/1W. Next week on my shorter runs I will push it up to 3R/1W for at least one of them.

Okay, and I am all registered for my two 10K's! I have one on October 8th and another one on October 22nd. I did not yet register for the Vegas half. Looking at the website closer, it looks like they have a limit on the number of entrants for the full marathon, but no limit on the half, so I'm not too concerned.

Suzanne, if you are reading this, and you are planning to do the Vegas half or full, you better let me know so I can hunt you down!

3 comments:

  1. YES! I am in for Vegas. Signed up for the half as soon as registration opened last spring. I will be staying at Bally's. Definitely look me up. Actually, I have recently committed to the Denver half as well. Started training late, so not expecting any great finish time, but I am excited to visit again. Kayci is travelling with me. If you are in town that weekend, come on down to the finish line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you doing the Denver Half or the Rock and Roll half? It seems like I have seen both things in newsletters, so I am assuming they are two separate races. What dates will you be here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Rock and Roll half in Denver on Oct 9th. Didn't like the course last year, so I am not sure what exactly possessed me to do it again? I am flying in on Friday 10/7 and leaving Sunday after the race. Staying with a friend at the Hilton on Curtis St downtown.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!