Saturday, April 16, 2011

Pats Run

Today I did Pats Run, which was 4.2 miles. Its a decent course for the miles, as it has some good size hills. You finish on the 42 yard line at Sundevil stadium which is awesome, and there were 28.000 runners/walkers, so great spectating. I passed a guy who looked in full-on cardiac arrest with someone giving him violent CPR. He had blood on his head so he must have gone down hard. It was frightening. I finished in 47 and change, which is 11 something min miles (will look up official time and do the math later). I felt pretty good about that but at the 3 mi mark my watch said 33 and change, so I was pacing 10 something up til then!! Crashed in the last mile unfortunately but I feel good. Now I'm sitting at the bar at Dennys (I know, right? Who knew they had a bar?) And I'm eating oatmeal and fresh fruit. Even though I clearly earned a belgian waffle and hot chocolate, I never seem to want to eat crappy after a good workout. Anyhoo I'm learning something about the innerworkings of Dennys.

Waitress: I need a wheat toast
5 min goes by
Waitress: guys I need a wheat toast!
5 min goes by
Waitress: where's my wheat toast?
Cook: I put it up!
W: seriously guys I need it!
C: did someone take it? It was up there
Waiter: oh man sorry I grabbed that I thought it was mine
Ws: omG come on guys, these people are waiting for toast!
Wr: I'm really sorry man, I think it was mine, I promise I didn't steal it
Cook: here you go man
Later ...
Ws: I'm taking 99 cents off this check
Wr: don't do it! Doooooon't do it!
Ws: silence as she continues
Wr: ok, do it

Fortunately I didn't order wheat toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!