Saturday, April 2, 2011

4.5

For the long. Time was 57:49, 12:51 per mile. This was a very comfortable pace for me, and I want to make this pace my goal for the long runs. I was pretty happy throughout the run, I made it a point to try to go slower than I did last week for the four mile, because I remembered that the long runs are not for speed, you are supposed to go slower on those if you are training for a long race, right?

Anyhoodle, when I finished the first mile I thought about that movie and how he said that the first mile was the worst one and I thought how true that is. The first mile sucks, the rest is just a head game.

2 comments:

  1. For me it's the first mile and a half, maybe 2, when I do the longs. I'm kind of jealous that you are training. Maybe I should pretend that I'm signed up for a half, and pretend train.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if it makes you feel any better, I pretty much am pretending to train. I haven't committed to anything, haven't registered for that slacker half. It's just that the training schedule is so tight that if I want to do it at all, I have to be training now, so I figure I will just go ahead and train for it, and then if I don't want to do it, I won't do it. I have to increase my long runs by a half mile every week until June 25th, and that will only get me trained up to ten miles, but I figure since it is an all downhill run, I'm hoping that only training to ten miles works better than it did for the Denver half.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!