Saturday, April 16, 2011

The miles won today

This morning, I read this article and, finding it rather interesting, thought I would focus on form today. I tried really hard to make sure I was striking at mid food and having a "bouncy" stride. And I have to tell you that two miles into the run, I thought my post was going to be all about this amazing revelation of FORM! It really did feel good, I felt like I wasn't being so hard on my body and for the first two miles I didn't even feel like I needed the walking intervals.

But then. I don't know, at four miles, I just absolutely pooped out. I just really could not go any further. I was supposed to do 5.5 according to my training schedule, but only did 4.38 and gave it up. I don't know if maybe focusing on the form wore me out quicker, but I think the likelier explanation is that I am just sick with this cold and simply was not up to 5.5 miles today. Also, I did my three treadmill miles yesterday very late in the afternoon, so not much recovery time, since I went out again this morning. Plus, I know I wasn't doing a great job of hydrating this week (which is not good, and when I weighed this morning I was at 200 and I was actually concerned because I really feel this is due to not hydrating well) and I was worried about that right from the start.

Anyhoodle, bottom line, not my best day, but oh well, what the hell are you gonna do? I know I will be walking tomorrow, since I really enjoyed that last week. Running miles for the week: 12.38.

2 comments:

  1. LOL striking mid-food? Maybe that's your problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is, perhaps, the funniest typo I have ever made. I will not correct it! I'll tell yah, that run this morning really wore me out, I must have been kind of loopy when I wrote this.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!