Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Proceed at your own Peril

the sign said. I took a run along the coast in Maui this morning and words can't describe the beauty. As I came down a path heading to the coast, the first thing I saw was a giant whale jumping off the coast, magnificent splash. I am so very very blessed. I ran along the coast to a place where it became jagged, and a sign posted that said "Trail becomes rocky and dangerous from this point forward. The only way back is the way you came. Proceed at your own peril." Seriously. That's what it said. So of course I had to proceed, and had a small pang of regret that I didn't bring a camera. I followed it to these tide pools below the cliffs that were just incredible and pristine, deep blue water. All the time whales were blowing in the distance. I took a moment to meditate on the cliff, breathing in the beauty in the world, the divine. I made my way back (at my own peril) and stood on a cliff to watch the whales. Two just off the coast were breathing in unison, and periodically their shiny bodies would surface together, as if they were playing whimsically in the waves. So beautiful. And all the while I was listening to a very cool playlist that a cute boy made for me. A spiritual experience it was.

I'll credit myself for 2.5 miles today. And I did 2 on Monday morning. So I have 3 this week.

1 comment:

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!