Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A new 5K best

At least, I think it is. My 5K time for that Denver half was 41:51. I just did 5K in 38:39 which is 12:28 per mile. I don't believe I've ever gone that fast, at least when I have done my own calculations.

So, remember after that half and I was trying to increase my speed and so I was trying to do 3:2 intervals? Since nobody actually ever reads my posts, I'll remind you.... it didn't make me any faster at all. So, I thought I would try instead to decrease my walk interval, so today I did 2:1 intervals. And I did get faster. And it was okay. I mean, it was definitely harder, but it wasn't un-doable, if you know what I mean.

So, I think I am going to train on 2:1 intervals and see how that goes. I am going to do a 5K that is officially timed on March 6th, I think.

It was a tough run today, I'm not feeling very well. I think I ate some bad sushi in L.A. yesterday. What an armpit of a city that place is. I really didn't want to go at all, but I am working from home this morning, so I didn't want to waste the opportunity.

2 comments:

  1. You went to LA and it didn't even rate a facebook update?? I am not sure why you think nobody reads your posts. But, if you remember even way back then, I was telling you to shorten your intervals! so nyahhh. I can't believe you are so fast. I want to be you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think people read my posts but must forget about them, because I was saying I was going to do the Vegas half (maybe) way back. Anyways, yes, the trip to L.A. did not even rate a facebook post. I had to fly out there, do a presentation, and fly back. It wasn't really anything more than a long day at work.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!