Saturday, February 19, 2011

pouring like a motherfucker

I started this post in my head and had it titled "3.5 in a cold gentle rain". Well, you can see how it ended. I cut my route through the neighborhood short and only did 3 just so I could get inside. I found myself hoping that a sympathetic passerby would offer us a ride. Wishing I had a kindhearted husband or driving age kid who might think enough to notice the situation I had gotten myself into and come rescue me. I was only in shorts and a long sleeve dry-fit shirt, thinking I would beat the weather. Alas it was not to be. LOL you should have seen fat dog trying to run without getting wet. She seemed to think for awhile that if she did this weird tiptoe gait she could avoid the drops.

2 comments:

  1. Heehee! One time, I went out for my three mile walk route, in our old neighborhood in Phoenix, and a storm blew up so quick, and I couldn't get home. I was absolutely drenched from head to toe, it looked like I had been swimming by the time I got home. And David was still a baby, so Chris wasn't sure if he should wake up the kids and go get me or what, so he did nothing. Which was fine. It sure was funny, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did that once too, but it was during the summer and I sort of enjoyed it! Not so much fun when it's cold outside. Your dog is too funny.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!