Saturday, February 5, 2011

4 Miles Elliptical

I have not gone since Sunday. My pathetic work out log looks awful. It will only have two little entries this week. Not even my minimum standard. Oh well. For anyone who wants to get on board the excuse train, what happened was the weather here was so goddamn miserable all week long, that it made going to the gym at work pretty much my only option (it being fifteen below and icy outside, making it so I would be taking my life in my hands either going outside or driving to the gym), and work was just awful this week and I never did make it. Just goes to show you what happens when you only have a plan A.

David was surprised I would be going to the gym on my birthday, but I told him the alternative would be spending the day crying on the couch while eating my entire birthday cake. So.

My new February strength training routine starts today! It consists of:

20 planks, holding for ten seconds apiece rather than the five I was doing before.
40 clams per leg, as opposed to the thirty I did last month
20 "easy ups", which I am defining as push ups but on my knees. I think we used to call those "girl push ups" but I find that term offensive, so I won't use it.

4 comments:

  1. They are far from easy. I vote for knee-ups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL it does beat crying and eating a whole cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what's a clam by the way and are you seeing/feeling benefits from strength training

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.fitsugar.com/Exercise-Video-Clam-Series-551450

    I don't know if I am seeing benefits. My hip feels better and is presumably less prone to the injury I had before. Otherwise, no idea.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!