Monday, February 14, 2011

I haven't gone!

I am so unmotivated. Work is killing me. KILLING ME. Spending all day in 80 - 85 degree heat on top of the teaching really takes its toll. Nobody gives a fuck that we are sitting in that heat all day. I applied at Pima yesterday to teach high-school and college level algebra. I want to help the Mariannes of the world!!
Saturday I taught and did lesson plans and paperwork at Pima for 5 hours, and then I tutored for 2 more. I am just so tired, I spent most of yesterday just relaxing. My house is a pigsty, my laundry isn't done, I am behind on my IEP (special ed) paperwork, and this week I have 4 meetings scheduled for after school plus probably 2 nights of tutoring. I am having a really hard time with my mood swings in the afternoon and evenings and I think it's due to the heat because I was better yesterday. I guess we'll see how I do today. Anyway the bottom line is that I am hanging on by my fingernails and just don't see how I can make myself run in the morning when I can barely get out of bed.
The good news is we are benchmark testing this week, so the class periods will be really short. And, I have next Thursday and Friday off for Rodeo Days. I'm going to sleep and sleep and sleep.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I'll tell ya, having someone like you at Pima would have really made a difference for me. The summer I was trying to get through Algebra there, I had a perfectly nice Indian gentleman for a teacher. I couldn't understand him very well, nor the material. I failed the class and spent much of my time that summer listening to the Indigo Girls (Galileo) and just praying that I was letting my next life off the hook and that she would be really good at Algebra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really made me smile in a sad kind of way. Nice is good, but a teacher who can explain the math is kind of important. But, I just found out that there will be severe cuts at the community college level starting this fall. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!