Sunday, September 11, 2016

Time to put the temper tantrums to the quiet corner

“HUSH! That’s enough” said the ruler
No suckers allowed to break bread or asunder
The daylight lightning and the thunder
The sun, moon and stars and the hunger

                      -R.E.D. "A Tribe Called Red"

Last week I only got five miles in. I decided to lay off my foot (which is fine and hasn't given me any real grief since then) because I had a big hike over labor day and I didn't want to have problems. 

So I did a fourteen mile overnight hike, which was really hard and which of course doesn't count. I strained my left calf on the hike, and I knew that the only thing to do would be to lay off or risk making everything worse. I finally went running on Friday (3), Saturday (4), and then today I did my little incline and half mile run loop five times, which was pretty damn exhausting. It's a tough work out! So that was 1000 stairs and 3.5 miles, so about ten for this week. I was so tired I had to come home and eat a bunch of chicken wings and then take a nap. 

That song up there is a good one. I got it off one of those lists people are always publishing of great songs for this or that. I like it. 

Anyway, I'm hoping for a better September from here on out! It's not starting out all that great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!