Saturday, September 10, 2016

Blessed


This is what you wanted
I'm harrowed and I'm haunted
Haunted by the life
Will you be there waiting?
Or is your heartbeat fading?
- Decemberists

It's been a banner week. 3.5 tough miles outside on Wednesday evening, 2 miles and yoga Thursday, and probably the most difficult mountain run I've ever had on Friday morning. My muscles were so fatigued, I really struggled getting to the top. It was warmer than expected at 7:15 in the morning. But I was blessed by the sight of this guy on the way down. I always feel so blessed when I see wildlife on the trail. This is only the second time in almost 10 years of running this trail that I've seen a wild desert tortoise. Now I'm relaxing this weekend with friends up north. The rest of the righteous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!