Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Not meant to be

I got on the treadmill and wiped it down and fiddled with my music for a few minutes before pressing start, and it wouldn't start. So I hopped over to the next one and started it while I wiped it down, and accidentally cranked it up to 5 incline, so I cranked it back down and started running. I was tired and winded, but I didn't stop, mind you, I pushed through it for a mile. Then I had to hop off and go to the bathroom, and as I went to reduce it to 1% incline I saw that I had only been running at 1.5% instead of my normal 2. Dammit. So I hit the bathroom (I made the mistake of eating cherries this morning. So.) Then I got back on the treadmill and started running again and this time it was even worse in terms of fatigue, maybe because I had a great workout last night, who knows, but I walked after a bit and then ran again and then at 1.54 miles the treadmill. Just. Stopped. I pushed buttons furiously to get it going again but it was done. As was I. I almost gave up then, and just went home, but I talked myself into at least starting the nerd workout on the track. And, I finished the mile without further incident. So 2.5 for the day. Damn treadmill. How dare you try to show me mercy??

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!