Friday, August 16, 2013

Thunderbox

Dirty deeds, Thunderchief
-Incorrect ACDC lyric

And I knew
There was no help, no help from you...
You've been thunderstruck
-ACDC (different song)

On Monday I ran 1 mile and then lifted some weights.  On Tuesday I ran 2 miles.  This is the perfect way to train for long runs.  In two weeks, I'll be ready to run a half.  Except for not running since then.  But  I have a good excuse - on Thursday I was traveling and I had a layover in Chicago at Midway.  I learned 2 things there.  First, if you walk quickly, but keep your head tilted to the side so you are not looking where you are going - it is 100% the other person's responsibility to get out of your way.  I saw one guy doing this and thought he was a jackass.  And then I saw a bunch more people.  I don't know if it is a Chicago thing, or if maybe I've been doing this and so I haven't noticed the other people doing it. 

And then there is the other thing.  I understand that we all have a lot of calls to make.  Especially in an airport.  But the men's room is not the place to be on the phone.  The other person has to hear all the flushing and other noises.  It's just not a good idea.  People - you have to stop this.

My excuse for not running last week was that I went on a camping trip.  In Canada.  And I'm not a camper (or technically a Canadian).  So I learned the word thunderbox.  Another place where you shouldn't be on the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!