Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Dogs of February

Don't you love it when it doesn't
work out quite the way it was supposed to
Don't you hate it when it isn't
quite like the fairy tale that they told you
-Lowest of the Low

This song is called The Dogs of February, but I would suggest that in the highly unlikely event that the Low tours through this part of the world, that they change it to The Dogs of August.  August is just not pleasant here.  I carved my way through the August humidity today for 4 miles.  How did I know it was humid - 3 ways. 1) the rain that fell on part of my run,  2) the amount of sweat I carried in my clothes during the run, and 3) the lack of air in the air.  But I made it through. 

I think I was supposed to run farther today, but I haven't committed to a training schedule.  The schedule I like best includes only running 3 times per week, but it has a lot of long runs in it.  The one with the shorter runs is 4 times per week.  Funny how that works.  I'm sure it will all work out.  Nonetheless, the next race will be the rematch with the small (and fast) children in Galveston.  I'm sure they also have it circled on their calendars (or in the calendar app on their phones).





No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!