Sunday, August 18, 2013

The mountain was angry that day, my friends

Please don't resist anymore
I'll never leave you alone
- Maroon 5, Get Back In My Life

A miracle occurred this morning. I was up before 6am on a Sunday. BF had the awesome idea to get up early and run the mountain and I was excited at the prospect of an outside run. As it turned out, the mountain ran me. I started out ok running the first 3/4 mile but I was quickly exhausted. The sun was still behind the mountain but it was about 90 degrees, and it was about as tough a time I've had with the mountain as I can remember. But I marked down 4.5 ugly miles. Bf had an awesome run and I felt bad at how much time he spent waiting for me. Such is the nature of the mountain - sometimes she builds you up and sometimes she tears you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!