Monday, March 6, 2017

Mighta been pretty

She might have been pretty when she started out
But the world had moved on since then
- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

So my thing now is podcasts and I've been listening to those when I run. On my long drive to pinetop yesterday I decided to try an audiobook (gasp). I always thought I didn't have the attention span to do that as my mind wanders when I read and I often ha e to go back and reread chapters. But this has a handy 15-second rewind! Anyway it keeps my mind focused while I'm driving and I'm less likely to think about texts or emails. See, I learn my lessons. Anyhoodle, I've wanted to read this series for awhile and I tried a couple years ago and I just couldn't get past the part where he follows the man in black through the desert. I'm starting to think that's the whole book. I did three miles around the lake today and I gotta pay myself on the back because while it was sunny, it was 45 degrees. Might as well have had ice-sickles on my nostrils.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!