Sunday, March 26, 2017

Hubris

My hubris is such that I simply can't read anything somebody else writes. But, my intelligence and my creativity is such that I require help.
- Mike Rowe, The Way I Heard It

I love this podcast and it's a great distraction for a bleak road run as I did this morning. The first mile was jilted and awkward because I had to poop, even though such business had already been done earlier in the morning. So I was less motivated the second mile, but thankfully a man in red passed me going the other direction, which caused me to start running again because I can't have anyone see me walking, and then turned around and threatened to pass me again going my direction, so I had to run more than I wanted to. And yeah he still passed me but I'm grateful for the kick in the ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!