Wednesday, March 29, 2017

All I'm Asking

I feel like I've been here before
I chose the wrong path
I opened the wrong door
But I've been trying 
I been trying 

           - The Band of Heathens


This morning was absurd. I woke up late, sister told me to get it done anyway.  I had to go to the gym, it was snowing and gross outside. And at some point I needed to at least pretend to work. I ended up forgetting to brush my teeth, forgot deodorant and left my water bottle at the gym. I didn't get to work until around 10, which thankfully nobody seemed to notice. I then proceeded to talk to same sister on the phone for another half hour. 

But the goddamn run got done. Even though the smell at the gym today was me. Even though any productive work seems unlikely. And even though I overslept. Go me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!