Thursday, June 9, 2016

Like a river runs

I woke up thinking you were still here
My hands shaking with regret
I've held this dream for such a long long time
And I wanna get up
To the rhythm of a wild, to the rhythm of a wild heart
That beats, that beats like a rolling drum
- Bleachers

It's funny how the body works. Tonight I went at it with a vengeance and ran 3 miles followed by an hour of power yoga. Last year this would have been a miraculous workout but today is just back to good. I've recovered from the brief lull. I've had very vivid dreams the last few nights about the love that got away, that I let go, that I rejected in favor of a familiar dysfunctionality. But I think the message is that love is possible. And I won't compromise. The heart beats and the body works just like a river runs. Flowing smoothly around obstacles and not getting dammed up, or only temporarily, by the stones we choose to carry.

I'm trying hard but I can't win
And I've played the victim for a long long time
And I wanna grow up
From the rhythm a young, from the rhythm of a younger heart
It leads just like a river runs

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!