Sunday, February 23, 2014

She never knew you, she only knew what she heard
So just once you'd pull her close and you'd whisper the words
That you hated yourself for the things that you gave her
That you stole with your mind, when your heart was impure
- TATE, The Secret

My mountain run started with a bang this afternoon and ended with a whimper. Oh well. It was a nice day to be outside. I made a game time decision to hit the mountain instead of the streets, and only realized when I started running that I was wearing my fancy street running shoes instead of my dusty mountain shoes, but I figured that's ok since these shoes are almost a year old now. I remember because I got them right after I got my cast off last year, after breaking my foot as a dumb drunk and stumbling fool in Miami, back when I was the worst person in the world. Anyhoo, I had to get home to take my awesome daughter to a merit scholars reception for NAU. She is an incredible girl - so much better than I ever was. It's exciting to see her blossom, and I love to take credit for her maturity and brains and sense of responsibility and humor. And blame her dad for her mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!