Monday, February 17, 2014

A song you are guaranteed to love

To be bold, to be brave
It is the thinking that the heart can still be saved
And the darkness can come quick
The danger is in the anger and in the hanging on to it
- Alternate Routes, Nothing More

I heard this song on satellite radio when I was on the road last week and I was so taken by it that I jotted down the band - the Ultimate Roots, and the main line, "we are how we treat each other and nothing more." It took me awhile to find it though, when I got home, because the band is actually Alternate Routes. So I googled that line and came up with it. I read this evening that it was written in honor of the elementary school shooting at Sandy Hook. It is a gorgeous and positive song about being the best people we can be and letting go of pain. And it's good to dance to. I attended a talk given by Jason Schecterle last week, he's the Phx cop who was severely disfigured in a fire 10 years ago and he talked about his journey and his decision to live. It was incredible. My problems are so small. Hearts get broken every day. It's wonderful that the universe sends exactly what you need if you are open to her gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!