Thursday, February 27, 2014

Hot hot desert

Bring me down, break me down, in the hot hot desert, this is where I want to be
Break me down, break me down, in the hot, hot desert, this is where I want to be
And I am, what I am, a natural disaster
- Group Love, Shark Attack

Heard this song on the long drive through the desert to Las Vegas today, and I liked it. I did get out for a run this morning and yesterday, but the near future of running is a bit dubious as I'm in Vegas for work and a lacrosse tournament this weekend and then Denver next week. Good thing I've banked some miles these first two months. I think I'm at about 120 for the year so far. I made an excellent discovery today - if you want to get to know your teenage kids, put them in a car with their friends for five hours and just listen to their conversation. Pure gold.

2 comments:

  1. DAMMIT! This song was was for one of MY future posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also - this is literally advice I give to parents of younger kids... when your kids get older, don't complain about driving them around! Offer to do it more! I have learned more about my kids while hauling them and their friends around than almost any other way.

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!