Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The ones you don't want to do are the ones that are best for you

So said the rather handsome gentleman who was in the work gym with me yesterday. I did 2.5 miles and he was holding the door for me when we were both leaving together and he goes "it's good to just get that over with" and I said "yeah, and today especially, I wasn't really feeling good about it today". I think what he said is just something people tell themselves, though. Maybe not, I guess. I mean, it is true that you just have to sort of slog through the times when you are hating on the exercise and count on the fact that it always gets better.

Anyways, I didn't want to tell him that part of the reason I think I wasn't feeling good about it is because I had a hard time focusing because him and his personal trainer were yakking loudly the entire time I was in there. It was annoying.

I have to go again today, even though I really don't want to, but tomorrow is Solstice, and I will be at Red Rocks drumming up the sun, so I'm really not going to feel like running after having to get up so early. At least, that is my reasoning right now. But in truth, I am just not feeling well this week. It's a typical December, full of illness. Both kids have some kind of stomach virus and we are all just hoping we feel better by Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!