Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's the climb

I am ashamed to share with you that I like a song by Miley Cyrus, but this one is actually good. I think it's a pretty good encapsulation of what drives us to do things like half marathons.
Anyhoo, sharing my goal with my students was the best thing that ever happened to my teaching, and it's not hurting my training either. I put a long entry about it on my other blog.
I went 2.6 yesterday and worked pretty hard. I think I will take today off... my hips and knees are not happy and my muscles are feeling awfully tired. If I take today off then I can go 3 or so tomorrow, take Friday off and be ready for my long on Saturday. Saturday night is my work Christmas party so I'll be having a couple beers and won't want to go Sunday.
Sandy, "the moment had passed?" There's no moment. Just put your shoes on and go. One mile, anyone can do a mile. If you go, you win.

2 comments:

  1. There's no moment!!! Especially for someone who has a history of running at freaking MIDNIGHT!!!

    ReplyDelete

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!