Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Back on the bus

I went to the gym yesterday. Did my usual 45 on the bike. Will do treadmill on Wednesday. I have to re-do my training schedule now and make it a bit more vigorous. I need to make sure I can do at least 9 miles here in Denver, because I'm pretty sure if I can do that, then I can do the 13 in Phoenix. I have six Sundays until the marathon. So, I have to increase the training walks by one mile per week. I'm going to do five miles on Sunday. We'll see what happens I guess.

And I still can't get over the fact that I exercised on Thanksgiving. I'm one of those people now. Maybe I'll do it every year now. Sandy, how about it? You and I will make it a Thanksgiving tradition and act all self righteous every year at Thanksgiving dinner and we'll be all "well, you know, I need to load up on protein because I exercised pretty hard today, so I better take extra turkey" and then everyone will be all awkward and silent and we'll think they are being awkward and silent because of their simultaneous admiration for our commitment and shame at their own lack of exercise, when really their awkward silence is that they are wondering what we are trying to prove.

1 comment:

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!