Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I finally went

I did five miles on the treadmill last night. At about a 3.6 mile pace, so I know I am doing okay. I am okay this morning, a little bit sore, but nothing I can't live with. The plan right now is to do 3.5 on Thursday and 6 on Sunday.

I think the sub-zero temperatures around here might have finally cured me of my aversion to the treadmill once and for all, exercise epiphanies aside. There is no way I'm walking out there! You just would not believe how cold it is around here.... you'd think it was winter or some such thing.

My plan is to forgo the bike from now until the marathon, treadmill only, to make sure I can do this thing. I don't hate it as much as I used to, so I can do it. Plus, it's good for me to have some variety and such.

Missy, the cold here really might be a problem, but not to worry. What I'll do is, I'll get you a guest pass for my gym for the time that you are here (I think I can purchase it, it's not expensive and no big deal), that way you can just go to my gym and do your run on the treadmill. That's what Sandy and I did when she was here and it worked out just fine, we both held each other accountable. So no worries!

Sandy, that is so funny that you fell! But also very awesome that whoever you were with was only concerned about you being hurt, and not laughing at you. Although he probably laughed when he got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!