Tuesday, April 11, 2017

The jake factor

Cause when you're done with this world
You know the rest is up to you
- John Mayer, Walt Grace's Submarine Test

This is one of the more obscure John Mayer songs and one of my favorites. This old dude needs a change and adventure so he builds a one man fan blade powered submarine and sails to Japan and all his friends are amazed and they name their bar after him. It's kinda where I am in life. Major changes on the horizon that make me tremble if I think too deeply on them. But I may well be off on a new adventure of my own. A change of life, a change of scenery, a changing of the seasons. So this the third week of my 6am adventures, I got a bit of a late start as getting out of bed proved challenging. So I was a few minutes behind and ran most of the last mile just because I wanted to get home before he left. Seeing his little smile as he's off to his day just brightens my morning. I miss him already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!