Sunday, April 9, 2017

My week isn't starting off well

I'm trying to get back into my Sunday Stair Climb routine, now that the weather is nicer. But today did not go well. I did 600 stairs and was on my third lap down the mountain when this disaster struck. I had gone two miles at that point and decided to call it good. I was struggling anyway and not sure I was going to be able to finish my planned 1000 stairs and 3 miles anyway. I need to work up to where I was, I suppose. Plus, it was windy and pretty goddamn miserable despite not being extremely cold. Next time I'll wear long pants. Maybe I'll just make long pants a rule whenever I run trails, since this isn't exactly the first time I've experienced this, as our two or three regular readers must know. In fact, now that I think on it, I've done this on regular streets as well although only once that I can remember, so I should probably just wear pants outside no matter what, and save the damn capris for gym days only. For Christ sake, what a klutz I am. 

Next Sunday I'll make my goal 800 stairs. Anyway, I'm including a pic of after I got cleaned up so you can see it isn't as bad as it initially looked, and nobody saw, so nothing lost except a layer of skin or two and luckily that grows back pretty efficiently. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!