Monday, April 3, 2017

Shine

"When you're in a relationship with someone who's selfish, what keeps you in it is the fact that when they shine on you, it's like this souped up shine. And you feel like you're in the club and you don't even know what the club is, you just know you want to stay in it."
- Do Listen Twice podcast

This quote hit me like a punch in the gut this morning. It resonates. Run done this morning and super proud to say it's my second week of getting up at 6 and it feels good. The runs haven't been good, but I'm focused on the victory that is running at 6:25am. I'm ok letting my body adjust. Yesterday I was also up at 6 for a 5k in a vineyard which turned out to be a godawful slog through dusty trails and then a wine tasting for those who enjoy wine at 9am. Which remarkably isn't me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!