Sunday, December 22, 2013

Panclarks

"Why is there a pancake in the silverware drawer?"
"I think the real question is, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer?"

Yes, I am drinking wine and watching reruns of Scrubs to celebrate the end of a successful Sunday. That is to say, I slept in, finished my Christmas shopping, went grocery shopping for the mystical ingredients to my world-fame-inducing Mac and cheese, ran the mountain and wrapped all my presents. The mountain was crowded with out-of-towners and at one point I ran past a group drinking beer and eating chips on the side of the trail. When they offered me a beer I have to admit I considered it. But I ran on, people! Those who are lucky enough to try my Mac and cheese on Christmas will immediately gain 5 pounds before they die from pure pleasure. And, I've outsourced niece and nephew shopping to my teenagers. It will be a good lesson in what to buy and staying in budget and being uninspired and still spending money knowing somebody probably won't like something. And no gift cards allowed. I look forward to the kvetching tomorrow night. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!