Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Here's a hymn to welcome in the day

You're standing on the landing with the war
You shouldered all the night before
- The Decemberists, June Hymn

I had such an awful night of sleep last night. All the holiday anxiety caught up with me while I was sleeping. I went to the mountain for church as planned, and soaked in the beauty of the Sonoran Desert, which always leaves me feeling whole, no matter how broken I feel when I start. I took the Bell Pass trail for a change of scenery, and I went about 3.5 miles. I spent my run listening to the Decemberists and focusing on the things in life that I am grateful for:

The beauty of the desert in my back yard
My beautiful girl who has grown before my eyes into a confident self-reliant young woman full of sparkling personality
My strong and sensitive boy for whom I ache with love as he struggles to find his place in the world
My blista sista who introduced me to the Decemberists and is always there to lend a supportive ear, and more importantly to make me laugh
The music of The Decemberists
The strength of my body and mind
My emotional heart
The opportunity to love truly
My job, which challenges me and pays me well and affords me the opportunity to spend so much time with my babies while they are still at home
A Christmas Eve hair appointment to make me feel beautiful
My dream of a home in Pinetop coming true before my eyes
Little Farley who brings so much comfort and laughter into my life
Fat dog who keeps me warm at night
My Sistahood who despite our dysfunctionality, or perhaps because of it, sees me through life's ups and downs.
My BFFs who are with me through thick and thin and who always make make me giggle
My Casa kids who teach me every day to be grateful for what I have

Wishing my fellow runners a blessed holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!