Saturday, December 21, 2013

Lift me

My life in an upturned boat
Marooned on a cliff
You brought me a great big flood
And you gave me a lift
- The Shins, Simple Song

Lord knows I needed a lift on my run this morning! I did 3.5 in the hood but I walked the last mile. I am convinced that I just can't run as well with fat dog because I can't get into a rhythm the first mile. But the other option is to leave her sad fat ass at home looking at me mournfully from the window. Can't win. Anyhoo now I get to go do the fun kind of shopping, where I buy adorable things for little girls who have very few adorable things. "We wish you a happy holiday", to quote Ks blasphemous piano teacher. Wishing you one all the same. And if anyone out there has an awesome recipe for macaroni and cheese, send it my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!