Monday, November 1, 2010

Smaller and Better Things

Well I went 3.5 yesterday and I have to say, it was rough. I walked the last mile. But it was so nice to just be out for an afternoon job with my dog, no pressure, no deadlines, no major event looming. Just an afternoon stroll in the beautiful October sunshine.

I went again this morning and did 2. I have a new strategy I'm going to try out. I drop K at the bus stop at 7am, then J and I don't have to leave until 8:10. So after dropping K off I did a 2 mile route and got back in time to get ready for work and take J. Its a short run, but a good way to start the day because even though I was ravenously hungry this morning, I didn't want to get a big-ole fat muffin. I wanted a giant glass of tea and dry cereal at my desk.

My focus now is going to be on smaller distances and trying to do them faster. I don't want to do another half again until I feel like I'm really trained up for it and can run it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've stopped by, leave a comment!